Пхукет - посоветуйте плз отель
Отправлено 09 April 2006 - 09:13
1. Decor in the Ocean-facing wing was tired - the corridors between rooms had all the charm of a multi-storey carpark. By contrast, the newly re-furbished Bhuri wing, although set back from the beach, was far more stylish.
2. Hotel restaurants - really poor, serving expensive, mass produced food. We made the mistake of eating in the main restaurant on the first night where we were promised an international BBQ - I thought we'd get freshly prepared food, grilled to order - instead we were greeted with platters of insipid, uninspiring food that had been been sitting around for hours. Then the entertainment started. Describing the 'caberet' as one step removed from Butlins is too kind - it was completely naff and totally dominated the whole restaurant. We found the beachfront Fisherman's Wharf no better than mediocre, only Cinnamon offered decent nosh - but when the heavens opened the roof leaked so badly all diners had to leave their seats and retreat to the centre of the restaurant. Breakfast, although offering a wide selection of foods, felt like a free for all in a noisy school canteen.
3. The service was the least good we experienced in Thailand, the staff just seemed uninterested - we really objected to being asked to wait at check out while Housekeeping frisked our room. How many other 5* establishments would expect its guests to do this? As others have also commented, it was disappointing to have to pay for use of beach loungers.
Beware! Our vacation was ruined at this hotel. Some major travel websites still describe all rooms as “ocean-front suites”, even though several room categories are offered. But – and it is a huge ‘but’ – only the original Katathani rooms fit this description. Having taken over the hotel behind and to the side last year, the Katathani is now called the 5-star “Katathani Beach Phuket Resort”. ‘Superior’ and ‘Family Superior’ rooms are all in the back part. Superior are at best 4 star and surround a pool. Family rooms are like a basic, noisy 3-star motel with half having views on to the back of houses. Having doubled in size and made the facilities open to everyone, the hotel now has huge problems. What other 5-star beach hotel has no turn-down service and no change of bath towels in the evening? What other 5-star hotel anywhere in Thailand serves sickly sweet processed juice at breakfast and instead of fresh Thai orange juice? When I discovered it continues to give out two separate brochures (making a mockery of their alleged rebranding under one name), I asked twice to to see the Marketing Manager and was advised it would be arranged. 40 hours later I was told she was not in Thailand! I had two meetings with the aloof GM to voice my extreme dissatisfaction. I was shocked when he told me there had been similar complaints from returning guests – but said it was my fault as I should have checked the hotel’s own website(!) I turned down the dinner he offered. Yes, the beach is lovely, but it is a public beach and unlike other beach hotels we have visited, the Katathani has made no arrangements to have its own hotel section. So you have to carry cash to pay for the beach chairs. There are many delightful 5-star properties in Phuket. Sadly the Katathani is not one of them.
Сколько здесь правды?
Отправлено 09 April 2006 - 10:27
Reviews of recent stays Comment on the hotel The reservation service.
2006-03-28 until 2006-03-30 Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, Kata Noi Beach
I loved the Katathani. The service was first rate, other than the one time my breakfast in-room request didn t get picked up. Otherwise, the staff was flawless. The room was terrific, too! Loved the glass shower and open breezeway with babbling fountain. A very elegant touch! Very efficient, and I hope they make good on their promise to refund 400 baht on an overcharge they made me aware of.
2006-03-01 until 2006-03-04 Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, Kata Noi Beach
Absolutely the best hotel in Phuket! Not one complaint! Service was excellent and we will stay there agian next year! Great service! Everything as promised!
2006-02-18 until 2006-02-24 Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, Kata Noi Beach
Nice hotel with good facilities, quiet surroundings and generally a nice serviceminded staff. Beautifull rooms at Bhuri wing but understand other wings not as pretty. Location a bit odd but works very well for a family. Restaurants for evening dinners did not live up to expectations, whereas breakfast service and buffet indeed was very fine. Recommendable. Worked fine - no problems.
2006-01-26 until 2006-02-01 Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, Kata Noi Beach
The hotel was very nice with many swimming pools and big areas for sunbathing and relaxing. Direct connection to a nice beach. A lot of restaurants inside the hotel area. The hotel was some luxurious and that could be seen on the restaurant bills... The position of the hotel at Kata Noi require that you have to take a taxi or tuk-tuk if you want to go to a shopping market, they can be found in Kata, Karon or Patong. This was however OK for us, better to have a clean and relaxing atmosphere at day-time + direct access to the beach and instead visit the shopping markets (if you want) at the evening. Just perfect!
2005-11-21 until 2005-11-25 Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, Kata Noi Beach
Fantastic resort at the quiet end of a lane with a secluded, uncrowded, great swimming beach, but within walking distance of shops and restaurants and easy taxi distance from night life. Wonderful food at their onsite restaurants, super clean rooms, friendly, helpful, reliable staff. They provided beach bags and fresh daily beach towels. Day-tour companies pick up at this hotel. The internet service, though not in the room, was fast, affordable and easy to use. We stayed in the Bhuri wing of the resort (which isn t on the beach)but found it is just across a little lane from beautifully appointed guest-only sunbathing grounds right along the beach. The Bhuri rooms are newly decorated and their grounds and swimming pools beautifully landscaped. We would go there again in a heartbeat. Great booking service. We used them for Bangkok as well as Phuket. Payment was easy and our vouchers arrived by email before we left home. Our transfers were at both airports upon our arrival, even when one of our flights was delayed four hours. The company sent a personal attendant in Phuket who traveled with us to and from our hotel to get us settled and she even booked day-tours for us after we arrived.
2005-11-11 until 2005-11-16 Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, Kata Noi Beach
I m not a fan of large hotel complexes but in Phuket it s difficult to find anything but. The Kata Bhuri/Thani complex however was delightful. Immmaculate grounds and very friendly staff. The 5 extra-large pools were incredibly clean and empty most of the time too which was a joy. Kata beach was also lovely and far removed from the more touristy areas of Patong & Karon. I d certainly stay there again. Very easy & efficinet. Have used each time i go to Thailand & have no complaints whatsoever.
2004-04-12 until 2004-04-16 Kata Thani Beach Resort & Spa, Kata Noi Beach
Very nice and clean hotel. Good service. Wonderful beach ! The employed were really trying to speak a good english. But, we arrived at 11.30 in the evening and we had to argue with the personal in the restaurant to get something to eat after a long days trip !
powered by R24.org
Отправлено 09 April 2006 - 21:54
1. все билеты в тае электронные
2. Эйр азию имеет смысл брать елси нет стыковычных перелетов, так как много ограничений
чаевые обычно 20-40 бат так как 10% вкл в счет
Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 0
0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых